Was in which Barack Obama’s campaign imitates or echoes that of Bill Clinton’s campaign in 1992:
1. “The Man from Hope” and “The Audacity of Hope.”
2. A “New Democrat” and “A different kind of politician.”
3. “The worst economy in fifty years” and “our economy is in recession” (If we’re lucky the economy will be growing at 4% annually by the last quarter of this year, as it did in 1992, but I’m not holding my breath.)
4. In 1988 Clinton put himself on the map with his speech at the Democratic Convention in 1988 (even if he was not praised for it, it did get his name out there). Obama’s star began to rise with his speech to the Democratic Convention in 2004.
5. Sister Souljah and Rev. Wright?
There are many others. Discuss.