1. I’m up in the DC area, but haven’t gotten in the Beltway yet.
2. But I did get two emails this afternoon with something like this message: McCain’s housing scheme is nuts. It now looks like Obama is more the more fiscally conservative of the two socialists running.
3. My quick reponse: But Obama with a Democratic Congress...?
4. We really do need some straignt and smart talk about what happened to our economy. It’s not going to come from our national candidates, it appears.
5. This may seem dumb and obvious: But this stock market thing is really, really bad. It’s in a way worse than 1929, because ordinary Americans are now so dependent on the price of stocks for their future. And talk about a force beyond the ordinary guy’s comprehension and control...
There are limits to what might be expected from personal responsibility.